Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fox in the Henhouse


    My wife had over a dozen hens, each morning she would go out collect eggs pulling 8 to 10, then she would leave the door to the coop open letting them have the run of the property through the day.  Each night she would refill their water dish and toss a bit of crushed grain in the coop, all of her little hens would file into the coop for the night and the door would be shut.  For my part I had little to do with them, actually I found them to be a bit of a hassle shovel the mess out of the coop ever-so-often and dodging the little deposits left around the yard.  I think the birds had it in for me, they always seemed to do their business in front of my truck door that occasionally I didn’t notice and would step in, dragging the yuck into my truck.  The hens were a PAIN in the…
    Collecting firewood early this spring I came across the carcass of a fox that had been hit by a car laying on the side of the road, while I stood there looking at it I noticed something rustling around in the brush on the roadside.  Slowly I stepped into the brush, poking around I found two very young fox pups huddled together.  Having a bit of a soft spot for the wildlife I scooped the pups up and took them home.  I put the pups in a pin in the back barn feeding them a mix of dog food and the occasional rabbit I would catch in loop snares.  I figured a couple of months of care they would be able to go it alone.
    The days, weeks, a few months passed, the pups grew quickly their coats were shiny and full, they were active and looked healthy.  With the warmer weather I figured it was time to load them up and take them to a local state park but then a bit of a devious thought crossed my mind… What if I just opened the gate and walked away… I wonder how the hens would fare.  Could these two pups be the answer to my problems with the wife’s hens?  I opened the gate and walked back to the house to get ready for work.  The next morning when I got home I peeked in the door of the back barn, the foxes were still in the pen cuddled together sleeping.
    Each day I would notice the young foxes coming out more often, venturing a bit further each day as they gained confidence and courage.  At first the wife didn’t notice anything but after a while she mentioned some of the hens were missing, there were only nine that came into the coop.  A few days later she was down to six hens.  Now she only has four hens in the coop and I don’t have any little piles of poo in front of my truck door…  I didn’t do anything to the hens, I didn’t tell anybody to do anything to the hens…  I can deny responsibility.  I have “Plausible Deniability”.
 
    This little story kind of mirrors what is going on with the Obama, Lois Lerner and the predatory practices she used against conservative groups during her time as the commissioner overseeing non-for-profit organizations dealing with the IRS.  Mr. Obama put a predator in the proverbial “Henhouse” and walked away, he knew what would happen.  With or without direction Ms. Lerner did what was in her nature… she attacked conservative organizations.  After accomplishing her goal there she was moved to the Obamacare Branch of the IRS to wreak havoc and inflict more damage on perceived “enemies” (a term liberals use to identify anyone with a dissenting opinion).
    Mr. Obama may or may not have verbally directed her (and others) actions but he had players in position to achieve an intended outcome.  The so called “Plausible Deniability” defense that Obama will certainly try to invoke just doesn’t cut it.  The IRS has become the economically weaponized arm of whatever administration that holds the Executive Branch, it is the identifying/investigation authority, the deciders of guilt and executioners in all matters of taxation.  In its current configuration any one person or group of likeminded individuals with an agenda are able to subvert the intent of fair and equitable treatment either by directly pursuing or by ignoring responsible actions.  We are well beyond the point of demanding the abolishment of home grown economic terrorist organization, the Internal Revenue Service and replacing it with a simpler coherent system.    
    Side Note:  Usually when it’s time for an “OBAMADRONE” to be tossed under the bus they go quietly awaiting future rewards… Ms. Lerner chose a different path,  is going for the reward up front $3,400 a week paid vacation and $650-$1,000 hour legal fees as long as she can drag this out.  All at the Tax payers expense.  And I did not release foxes on the chickens… I love them fresh eggs.

 

              One Year Update to The Last Monday
May 2012             39
Jun 2012               29
Jul 2012                41
Aug 2012              39
Sept 2012             19
Oct 2012              17
Nov 2012             16
Dec 2012              13
Jan 2013               3
Feb 2013              1
Mar 2013             15
Apr 2013              14
May 2013             17*
TOTAL                   263

    One year ago I wrote a little story about my thoughts on Memorial Day, since then another 263 sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers and friends have been listed as Killed In Action.  For another 263 service members The Last Monday in May has become their day.  Enjoy this weekend, celebrate the freedoms you have… but reserve a moment to remember the ones who have paid the price and the ones who may be called to pay.  If you have children or grandchildren take a moment to teach them the meaning of Memorial Day, tell them of the sacrifices made. 

      Its here, the official start of summer, Memorial Day weekend.  Grills will be lighting up, drinks will be flowing and couches will be tested as fans enjoy the race on Sunday.  Some may take the opportunity to visit friends and relatives over the long weekend.  Others could be going to a ballgame.  Baseball in early summer… What could be better?

    In all the excitement of the weekend, in all of the planning, something may be forgotten, something is starting to be lost… 

Memorial Day.  Its meaning, its history, its significance.

    After the Civil War in the late 1860’s a movement began in the northern states to honor fallen Union soldiers, this became known as Decoration Day.  There was no specific date set but usually took place in May on a day decided by the local community.  By the early 1900’s the practice was extended to all American soldiers that had paid the ultimate price during war and was designated as Memorial Day with a set observance on the last Monday of May.

    Traditionally in national cemeteries the fallen are remembered by a flag being placed on each grave. Locally, veteran’s organizations or family members visit community cemeteries to honor lost comrades and loved ones at their grave sites.  For myself, I have a reminder to remember these fallen heroes each day.

    Some years back my girls gave me a framed art print and placed it above our home computer desk.  The picture is called Vietnam Reflections by Lee Teter.  His painting is of a man standing with his hand upon the polished black granite of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, his head down in a moment of pain, loss and grief.  Within the cold stone wall are the faint reflections of his brothers in arms that did not return from the war.  One of the soldiers within the wall has his hand raised to meet the hand of the grieving man in an attempt to comfort him…  The first time I saw this painting my throat tightened as the tears began to well up.  Even as I write this, those same feelings come over me.  It is a very powerful painting.
    So on this Last Monday of May please take a moment to think of those who gave all in the service of our  country during times of war.  If you have children take a moment to explain the meaning, the history, the significance of this day.  Finally, take a moment to say a little prayer for the safe return of those in far off lands serving today, in the hope future Last Mondays in May will not be their day.

Grandfathers Grandmothers Fathers Mothers Of Past, Brothers Sisters Of My Time, Sons Daughters Of Future, Thank You… I Miss You.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCtfBCQCJ30&feature=player_embedded

The TOMCAT

Side Note: The proceeds from the sales of Mr. Teter's Vietnam Reflections go entirely to veterans groups, millions of dollars so far… Mr. Teter, Thank You for your service to those who served.  

If you are interested in a copy of the print visit Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 172 web site. http://www.vietnamreflections.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment