Thursday, August 8, 2013

Spoiled Brat

    The other day I stopped in a local grocery store to pick up a loaf of bread, as I walked up to the checkout a little round boy (maybe 11 or 12) buzzed past me pushing me out of his way.  I took a moment of pause and considered calling him on barging past me but instead I watched as he went for the candy.  Almost indiscriminately he grabbed a hand full of candy from one box, then another and another, then he flung the bundle onto the checkout counter scattering treats from one end to the other.  The lady at the register glanced at me and rolled her eyes as she began scooping the mess into a pile, I gave her a little nod to go ahead and take care of the kid (I was in no rush). 

    She began dragging the candy bars, pixy stix and twizzlers across the scanner, finally she finished with a total of $15 and change.  The boy pulled a $5 bill from his pocket handing it to the lady, she looked at him and said "That’s not enough”.  He huffed and slammed his fist on the counter, turned and looked in my direction then started screaming “I need more money!”  A bit shocked I stepped back and looked around, then I noticed a man standing a few feet behind me, I stepped aside allowing him to pass.  He looked at the ranting boy and said “You have your allowance, maybe you should put some back” this really set the boy off, he came back with “NO! You need to give me more money!”  The man began to reach into his pocket.  I lowered my head shaking it back and forth in disbelief… I held the loaf of bread up as I stepped around the dysfunctional pair and passed the lady a couple of bucks.
    As I drove home thoughts of what I had witnessed drifted in and out, I thought someday that little monster will be an adult and people are going to have to deal with him, maybe I’ll have to deal with him again someday.  Little did I know I was only a few short moments away from that thought coming to be, little did I know I was only moments away from being told what I “needed to do” by a brat. I turned the T.V. on when I got home, and within seconds a clip came on showing a man speaking, he said.
“The bottom line is we’re not broke, there’s plenty of money, it’s just the government doesn’t have it” he followed with “The government has a right, the government and the people of the United States have a right, to run programs of the United States: health, welfare, housing, all these things…”  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36bjRh9rcd8
    The man was Minnesota Representative Keith Ellison (D), it sounds like in his opinion the government has a “RIGHT” to take as it sees fit.  Do I take a moment of pause, bite my lip and let this spoiled brat have his rant… I THINK NOT!  Fella, its time someone tells you something your father should have told you long ago. 

    You get an allowance, you have your allowance but you keep pissing it away.  There is no reason for those TRULY in need to go without necessary services.  The system “The Programs” you hailed are a rot with fraud, waste and abuse.  Let me give you a few examples of the wasted funds.

After causing a horrific accident while driving under the influence, Boston party girl Vivencia Bellegarde was found not only with one but three EBT welfare cards under different names and berated the investigating officer for paying for food when she gets it for free.  She is 25, healthy and an illegal immigrant.  If her name doesn’t ring a bell, google it and catch up… or search the name Edwin Alemany, it also has some nice EBT card abuse reading.

National Reviews Jillian Melchior exposed fraud and abuse in the Lifeline cellphone program (Obama phone), after telling the vendor she was not qualified for the program she was signed up eight times and received three free cellphones.  Even if she was qualified, by FCC rule she is limited to one phone, not three.

The Internal Revenue Service sent 23,994 fraudulently requested tax refund checks to the same address in Atlanta GA. The total, over $46 million.  Additionally, over 11,000 refund deposits were made into two bank accounts amounting to over $7.5 million.  Three locations received over 35,000 refunds, totaling over $53.5 million. $53.5 million gone.

I could list the billions of dollars pumped into Egypt to prop up a failed Islamic dictatorship, the hundreds of millions spent on green energy scams, or the hundreds of millions wasted by government agencies on over-the-top conferences (parties) but to be honest, it’s starting to become depressing and Mr. Ellison just isn’t worth it.

Note to Mr. Ellison, there is no government Bill of Rights, government has responsibilities and is accountable (two concepts that has been lost to you and your cohorts).  Be as much of a spoiled brat as you wish, stomp your feet, slam your fist, hold your breath till you turn blue for all I care, I’m not reaching into my pocket any more.  You’re going to have to decide, you can take care of what needs to be done or you can keep pissing it away but no more money, if anything maybe less. 

It’s time to put the candy
back on the shelf kiddo.

All of it.

The TOMCAT          

4 comments:

  1. You just keep hitting them out of the ballpark Thomas!! I feel my blood pressure going up a bit with this, but well said! God help us but there are a lot of brats out there, who will some day soon, Vote. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good piece Sir,I work at WalMart, thank GOD I don't have to work a cash register, I wouldn't last a day .The EBT scam would get me fired in 5 minutes for mouthing of to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! Bravo! Thank you for a very well-written piece. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete