Friday, May 11, 2012

Let me get that for you

It has been just over one year since the raid leading to the death of Osama bin Laden in Pakistan. Coinciding with this anniversary there has been much noise made lately on the so called “Hard Call” President Obama made to send in the team to eliminate this high profile target.  Comments like “What a brave call” or “It was a gutsy decision”. 

Are you kidding me?

    #1 All you had to do was point the team in the direction of OBL and you’d play hell trying to hold them back.  These guy’s are the best of the best, they know what their job is and they freely accept the risk and danger.   

    #2 You do the mission.  You debrief.  Then you shut the #$@* UP!  Giving the name of the team painted a big target on them and their families.  Any terrorist that hears a hint that someone is associated with the team is going to be even bolder in the risk they’ll take to harm them.  If you’d exercise even the basics of information security the terrorist wouldn’t have a clue who to target. 

    #3 You hear “Spiking the Ball” a lot right now so I’ll go with the same sport.  The best of the pro football players walk out of the in-zone after a touchdown.  They give the impression that they been there before, they belong there and they’ll be there again.  It’s just the rookies and the want-to-be’s that jump up and down screaming “Look at me, Look at me, I’m in the in-zone” like it’s a big surprise. Rookie…
   

    If you think it was a difficult decision, Let me get that for you.  Give me the list of your top 10 most wanted and I’ll make the call when you think you know where they are…

    You know what; I’ll make the call right now! 

TEAM they have located (insert name here)
He/She is hiding at (insert location here).
You are to capture or kill them at your discretion.
Everything is on stand-by to support your mission.    

I must admit, I really agonized over this decision… For about 0.2 seconds.

The TOMCAT

Side Note:  To any active military members out there remember you don’t have the full protection of the first amendment.  KEEP QUITE; We’ve already lost a Marine for making comments on Face Book. We can’t afford to lose anymore brave troops.  I’ll keep speaking up… I did my 20 and got my Honorable Discharge they can’t take it away now.      

No comments:

Post a Comment