Sunday, June 24, 2012

Information Overload

    Hi all, I hope your getting into that summer mode. It’s been Hot Hot Hot and a bit dry here in Southern Indiana (Love’n It).  Last week my oldest daughter and her husband (the infamous Aaron) came home from D.C., we had a nice little visit.  The evening before they left Aaron took my phone and sat me down at the computer to set up a new account, he put me on twitter.   Sure I’ve heard of it and my wife uses face book but I never thought of really using either.  Both are a bit too instant for me, I prefer to write out my thoughts, think them over and research anything I have questions about before sending something out.

    Anyway I had spent the next several days going about daily life like everyone else but I noticed I would pull my phone out a little more often each day sliding the screen over to twitter catching the latest headlines.  What would the Supreme Court decide on Obama Care?  Would the Attorney General be held in contempt of Congress?  Markets ups and downs.  The elections in Egypt. Would Greece leave the EU?  By the time I got off work Friday morning I was suffering information overload, it was time for a break.  I decided to not turn on the news when I got up Friday afternoon.  I spent Saturday and Sunday cleaning out the woodshop with music on the radio no news.  I had my phone with me, I never checked twitter but I did answer the one phone call I got.  Guess what, it looks like the world went along without me.  Now it’s very early Monday morning and I don’t have a clue what’s going on, but I’ve been clueless before and it’s kind of nice.  I’ve got the next four days to catch up with the world then I think I’ll shut it off again next weekend.


Albert Einstein developed many formulas in theoretical physics that explained space, time and the physical world around us. Most everyone has at least heard of E=MC2 but I think I’ve devised a formula that may explain men. 

I call it the AB theory, it goes:

SP+AG=AB  

Smart Phone + Average Guy = Angry Birds

Yes Angry Birds was the first download onto my Atrix… and still playing it. 

See ya next week

The Tomcat                  

No comments:

Post a Comment