Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pages from a book

    Switching gears a bit this week. 

    I could see the jet, a C-130 turning on final approach, I grabbed the chalks and headed to the ramp.  When she touched down I could tell it was another U. S. Air Force bird with its markings painted over and CRF (Canadian Relief Force) stenciled on the wings and tail with the powder blue UN symbol.  As the pilot turned off the runway I raised my arms and started directing him into the parking spot, crossing my arms over my head I signaled to stop the jet as the nose wheels approached the square painted on the ramp. 
 
    When the jet stopped rolling I walked to the nose and placed the chalks in front and behind the nose tires.  The pilot shut down the engines and the main entrance door began to slowly open.  One young man stepped out and began looking over the aircraft then the pilots and a few other crewmembers stepped out.  I stood there quietly until they approached me. 

                Transport should be here any moment sir, do you need the bird closed up or any servicing?

Go ahead and bump the fuel up 30,000 lbs., we should be taking back off in one to two hours.

                I’ll have her ready Sir.

    As the crew walked away, I thought to myself, “Canucks my ass, their Americans, more weasels.”  I stepped up onto the ladder to get the cockpit ready for refueling, the cargo bay was dark except for the beams of light seeping in through the door and windows.  I reached in the cockpit and began flipping the switches when a voice came from behind me.

                                How are you doing today airman?

Not an airman Sir, just one of the few with aircraft experience in this area.  Doing my part in the recovery effort.

I guess the tone in my voice, exposed my true feelings. (Something just didn’t add up on what happened)

                                Yea, recovery effort… that’s what they’re calling it.

I turned around to see who I was talking with, the accent was definitely Canadian but I didn’t recognize the rank.

                What would you call it Sir? (Being a bit bold asking him this kind of question)

                                What would I call it… a damn shame is what I would call it.

Maybe I was finally going to get some information, find out what happened.

                How did the EMP strike get through NORAD, who launched the missiles?

He took a moment, he looked out the open door almost like he didn’t want to look me in the eye as he began to speak.

The missiles didn’t make it through NORAD, they were launched from the Minot AFB missile complex.  The EMP attacks were self-inflicted.

I didn’t want to believe what I was hearing but deep inside I suspected it or the retaliatory missile strike would have been launched way before the detonations I had seen that hot morning two months earlier.

                What about the riots, were the riots part of it?

                                Yes.

                Was it U.S. military forces?

No, the riots were forces that had been brought in over a few years… the eleven million illegal aliens was actually more like thirteen million and three million plus… were insurgents.  All they had to do was wait until all the pieces were in place. When the immigration reform was pushed through by your government, the insurgents were free to prepare almost unabated. Initially they flooded the low end of the labor market causing high unemployment and a lowering of wages.  When the assimilation laws were passed the insurgents were supplemented with additional funds and benefits while the low income citizens of the United States lost more and more, causing more strife and unrest.  The urban areas stood ready to explode, it just took a little spark, a little agitation to set it off.  Weapons and ammunition had been stockpiled by factions within your government to arm the cells of insurgent fighters, replacing the missile crews at Minot was the last piece. The United States planned, funded and executed its own takeover. 

                How long has this been in work, who planned it… why?

Well from the best I can tell the UN Security Council began planning this five to six years or so back.  You ask “Why”, well they decided the United States had become too powerful, consuming too much of the world’s resources while sitting on vast resources needed by others.  The Security Council saw no viable possibility that the American public would peacefully change, parts of the public were just too belligerent.  The council couldn’t risk an all-out war that would destroy future food and resources production so they decided a more drawn out approach was needed.  Fill a few key positions within the government, wear down the military with drawn-out skirmishes while depressing the population with economic and social issues till they reached a tipping point and would not unite to fight back.

                So Canada was part of this?

No, not initially, representatives of the Canadian and Mexican governments were brought in and effectively told that we were either part of the solution or part of the problem.  Your country has been divided into five zones.  For our part we’re responsible to maintain order in the North Central zone until a provisional government can be set-up. Russia occupies the North Eastern zone, Arab contingency occupies the South Eastern zone, Latin forces control the South West and China has taken over the North West. The United States is to be transformed into an agrarian society, a resource stockpile for the worlds picking.

About that time the fuel truck pulled up to the wing but I wanted to know more.  I stepped out of the jet and walked towards the truck hoping he would follow and tell me more…
A few pages from a book, a work of fiction
or a history book of the future… I don’t know yet.

The TOMCAT
    What is an EMP???  Electromagnetic Pulse results from a high altitude detonation of a nuclear weapon (several hundred kilometers above the earth).  Generally, all unprotected electrical devices (on or off) will burn out from an induced voltage surge (a lightning strike on steroids).  Automobiles, computers, phones, refrigerators, television, etc… all gone.  The pulse has no effect on living tissue and doesn’t generate the nuclear fallout, heat and compression wave issues like low altitude or ground burst weapons do. 

Welcome to pre 1840.
      Electronics can be protected by placing them in a plastic container, then placing it into a metal container that can be closed (Faraday Cage principle minus any holes that the magnetic wave could pass through).  You might want to take a moment to look up EMP and Faraday Cage… Just to be acquainted with the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment