Sunday, October 14, 2012

Is It’s Time

10, October 2012

    Today I sent out my 49th post (Malala’s Courage) to date it was my most active posting, taking 130 hits on the blog page in about twelve hours.  You would think this would be exhilarating and motivate me to press forward, to reach for more challenging milestones.  But today was the day I started thinking maybe its time to find a stopping point and step away from this journey.  I need to find a quiet place to think it over…

    A simple 3 minute conversation with a, (I’ll say) friend put my thought process behind my writing into a whole new light.  I had always believed (and still do) that people naturally know the difference between good and evil.  When they are in the presence of an evil person they somehow know it.  Some people trust their instinct and walk away while others don’t trust their feelings for whatever reason and stay.  For the people that stayed in the presence of evil to trust their instincts and walk away I thought all they needed was a guide to help them trust what they knew inside.  So I attempted to guide the best I could, the only way I knew how.  I had heard a phrase someplace that “Evil can only succeed if good men fail to speak out.”  So I spoke out, not that I think of myself as a good man, I have come up short in the eye’s of others and in my own eyes.  I guess in this little journey I’ve failed in my own eyes.

    After my friend read the post we were talking on the phone, I asked them “What did you think?”  (My friend is a big Obama supporter)  They said the “First part was very good” Then I asked “What about the end?”  I had written it with my friend in mind thinking if I shined the light on the evil I saw so clearly my friend would see the evil also.  Their reply floored me “Some of its true, some of its not”.  What? I thought to myself you just said I lied to you.  We’ve known each other all of my life.  I really have nothing to gain in lying to them but evil gains everything.  That’s when I realized people prefer to close their eyes to the truth and make their own truth to fit what they want to believe.  My friend’s truth is in the (D) following a politician’s title, all the evidence in the world will not change their mind.

    When the election comes, the choice will be between two men.  Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney there is no other viable option, its one or the other.   Is Mr. Romney a good man, I can’t say yes, he’s 100% good but I do know Mr. Obama is an evil man.  His lies crumble around him and no one seems to want to notice.  He has placed his personal political ambitions above the wellbeing of others and sadly people have lost their lives because of it and it’s sloughed off.  I’ve seen the evil, pointed at it and screamed warnings.  But now I know I’ve been preaching to the choir (they know the sermon, they don’t need me) or I’ve been screaming at a brick wall (it doesn’t want to listen to me)…  In the world of black and white you can have gray, neither black nor white.  With good and evil it’s either or, there is no in-between.  Follow what and who you will, believe as you wish.  In the end you are what you allow yourself to be, you are what you believe in.

    For now I’m going to have a cup of coffee, watch the sun set on another day and think things over…



Till next week?
The TOMCAT     

No comments:

Post a Comment