Monday, February 25, 2013

MSM Broom Job… Colorado to D.C.

    Each Monday when I post a new story I get a feeling of accomplishment (and a bit of excitement looking forward to the feedback) but it soon gives way to just a touch of anxiety, what will I write about this week.  I don’t know why I give into the feeling it only takes ten minutes of looking at the world around me or listening to the people I see each day, then I‘ve got a bucket load of ideas (sometimes a truckload).  Today was one of those days.

    A standard Tuesday afternoon (Feb. 19th), wake-up, start the coffee, step out on the front porch for a smoke and greet the day that for most is coming to an end (I’m a night-shifter).  Stepping back in the house I pour a stout cup of bean brew and flip on the news.  Slap, Slap, Slap, the first thing I’m hit with is a video of Colorado State Rep. Joe Salazar (Dem.) arguing for a concealed-weapons ban on college campuses… (WTF, more “Gun Free Zone” signs, better known as “Free Picking Zones” to criminals).  Then Rep. Salazar went on to say women should feel safe because “… we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have whistles”.  I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, I just shook my head.

    As if that story wasn’t enough, it was followed by University of Colorado suggested actions a woman should take if attacked.  They came up with 10 tips that ranged from telling the attacker you’re nasty, have a disease or menstruating… (I’m sure the attacker would say “In that case, I’ll wait for the next young lady”).  They also suggested the woman should make herself nasty by vomiting, urinating and by implication defecating on herself to ward off a would be attacker, (I may be wrong but I don’t think the attacker is looking for someone with bodily control to take home to meet the family).  Finally they suggested the victim just SHEEPLE-UP and submit to the attacker, “passive resistance” as they call it, to hopefully avoid “more harm” (are they really that clueless on what rape is?).

    Both Democratic Rep. Salazar and the agenda towing Univ. of Colorado approach the horrible crime of rape with the fantasy view that its nothing more than all-be-it unwanted, a simple sexual encounter that if not thwarted with feel good tactics of nonviolence can be endured for a few moments, then life continues.  They couldn’t be more WRONG! 

    Rape is the violent abusive domination of an individual that includes but often not limited to forced penetration.  If it were about the simple sexual act… $20 on the street corner would be the easier route for a would-be attacker.  Rep. Salazar made no mention of the often coma or death inducing beatings rape victims endure at the hands of their attacker.  He failed to note the years spent by surviving victims to overcome the physical and mental trauma.  I’m thinking Democratic Rep. Salazar needs a different perspective on the subject.

    I’ll take up a collection to pay for Rep. Salazar to spend a long weekend in New York’s Rikers Island detention facility (general population of course).  I’ll give him a cute little “call box”, a shiny new “whistle” and a “safe zone” sign for his bunk, I’ll even toss in a rape free zone T-shirt (printed front and back).  What I expect he would face would not have anything to do with homosexuality, nothing to do with the absence of women, what he would face is violent abusive domination.  This may be a bit presumptuous of me but I’d say he’d be answering to his new name, Joann within the first few hours.
    I’m looking for a word, a term that describes a person that dictates to others how to face a danger that they themselves will never face… what would that term be… Found it!
                                                                   MORAL COWARD!    

    Sir, I’ll give you this, in case you ever do find yourself in that position, I’ll call it tip 11.  During the POW training in Survival School one of the instructors said “If comes a time you think you can’t take the pain, try to go someplace else in your mind.  Tell yourself that’s not ME, that’s not my body… Let your mind take you away… If you can.”  Sir, this little tip is more than you offered to the young ladies that you see fit to dictate to.

    For as much as I ranted about a week-old news story that held the news outlets attention for a day (if covered at all), could you imagine the headlines had a “Conservative” made such an outlandish statement.  We would be getting a daily bombardment of headlines and teasers like “Conservatives Call for the Legalization of RAPE on Colorado Campuses”.  Anderson Cooper would be sporting a new “Ribbon” on his jacket lapel signifying solidarity with the millions of future rape victims.  Chris Matthews would devote the next two weeks bellowing for the immediate resignation of all conservatives in the Colorado General Assembly.  We may even be treated to a Presidential Statement bemoaning the Republican “War on Women”.  Sound over-the-top, how many hours, days, weeks did they devote to a sip of water?  Still it pops up.           

    What if there was a conservative U.S. Senator under FBI investigation for apparently patronizing a child prostitute (in my view another form of rape, a child cant consent to engage in that type of activity).  Ethics committee members would be searching out every TV camera they could find saying

“It’s not the weight of the evidence that is important.  It’s the seriousness of the charges.”
It’s been said before (but only when a conservative is involved).  Well there is an on-going FBI investigation but it a Democratic U.S. Senator under investigation for patronizing (Raping) a child prostitute, so the only thing we hear is a broom sweeping it under the rug. 

Kicking at the Lumps in the RUG!
The TOMCAT

1 comment:

  1. Very well said TOMCAT! I tweeted and posted the other day that what if after being repeatedly raped and beaten then set on fire till dead? Then would they change their minds? http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/nyregion/07slay.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

    Answer: NO! They have proven time and again with an insane worship for killing babies, now known to be punishment according to the illegal occupant (a.k.a. America's Top Reality TV Star) along with death panels and no coverage for kids with disabilities that they have no souls but are very interested in the "soles" of the expensive shoes FLotus might be sporting.

    ReplyDelete